Practically Perfect in Every Way
When we conjure up the perfect nanny, or governess, we all see the same thing—Mary Poppins, you know, practically perfect in every way.
That’s what anyone would want for their own children. The superlative nanny that delivers all the skills—she can do anything. Our nannies are all in. Your nanny will organize entertaining games (that also provide a little education). She’ll prepare both yummy and healthy snacks; she can talk a toddler down from a tantrum, she can diligently help the kids with homework, while magically tidying up the playroom just in time for everyone to gather together to enjoy dinner at the end of a long day.
Instant Stress Relief When You’re Paired with the Perfect Nanny—Specially Selected from the Wellington Agency
Having a nanny join your family brings instant order to chaos, as they come in to do the heavy lifting with the kids. The ideal governess can be a real stand in for the parent, involved in every aspect of the children’s lives. Some nannies are also responsible for a variety of housekeeping tasks as well. Often, they become viewed as family members themselves because of the close ties they develop with the kids and with their employees, the parents.
Typical Childcare Tasks that Nannies Take On
- Create a nurturing, stimulating and safe environment for the children.
- Supervise the children’s activities at all times.
- Plan and lead developmentally appropriate educational games.
- Teach the fundamentals of letters, colors, and numbers.
- Help with homework.
- Reading books and going to the library.
- Take children to parks and playgrounds.
- Taking kids on adventures to museums, theaters, and the zoo.
- Assisting children with language acquisition and development.
- Help develop manners and other socially appropriate behavior.
- Discipline or reinforce parent direction when necessary.
- Arranging and organize playdates.
- Taking the kids to their friend’s birthday parties.
- Taking the children to the doctor or dental appointments.
- Play with the children, both indoors and outdoors.
- Organizing sports and other motor-skills activities.
- Provide creative time doing arts and crafts.
- Drive the children to and from activities and events.
- Plan and prepare meals and bottles for, and feed, the children.
- Bathe the children.
- Change diapers.
- Help in potty training the children.
- Helping children with their general hygiene.
- Place the children down for naps and bedtime.
- Administer medicine to the children as required.
- Drive children to and from activities.
- Logging important milestones and daily information for the parents.
Although the prime responsibility for a nanny is taking care of the children, depending on their needs and ages, the nanny’s attention can also be turned to other household tasks and management issues such as:
Your Nanny, Tackling Housekeeping and Home Management
- Doing the children’s laundry.
- Making the children’s beds.
- Tidying up the children’s rooms and bathrooms.
- Organizing and cleaning the children’s playrooms.
- Loading, running and emptying the dishwasher.
- Cleaning up the kitchen.
- Organizing carpools.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Running errands.
- Grocery shopping.
- Scheduling and managing home repairs and maintenance services.
- Packing and unpacking for family trips.
- House Sitting.
- Watering indoor plants.
- Feeding and caring for pets, walking dogs.
How Nannies Help Parents Too
They say it takes a village to raise a child, and these days that’s never been truer. Today’s families are like busy hives where everyone’s buzzing and multi-tasking through their days. There’s work, school, projects, hobbies, travel, meetings, appointments and special events to attend.
Whether you have just one child or a few, it’s always a huge relief to have an extra pair of hands — as well as additional eyes and ears too! If both parents are working, a governess is always there to step in when you absolutely can’t. Those eleventh-hour meetings or having to stay an extra hour at the office is no longer an issue. No more scrambling for last-minute childcare, worrying about being late for a pickup and no more additional expense for aftercare. In fact, you can really relax knowing your children are comfortable and safe, being cared for in their own home, where everything is familiar.
Your Nanny—Rescuing Time and Saving the Day!
The best part of hiring a governess is that the total load of parental stress is greatly eased. Even if one of the parents doesn’t work and stays home, everyone knows that parenting is a full-time job. Trying to take on caring for children while trying to get the rest of your life done is stressful. Having someone there, that you can fully trust, gives the stay-at-home parent the time and attention other essential tasks may require. You can also enjoy some me time—guilt free. Take time out to meet friends for lunch, go to the gym or binge watch that TV show everyone’s talking about—or just shower! Having a nanny can buy you a little freedom you may not have when trying to take it all on yourself.
Let the Wellington Agency Select Your Quintessential Nanny
The Wellington Agency can source the perfect Nanny or Governess to meet all of your needs — and if you have babies, we can even find you the perfect Newborn Care Specialist! We know that nothing is more important than who cares for your children. We have an extraordinary cache of hand-selected, qualified candidates at our disposal, just waiting to find a family like yours. Let us match you with your very own Mary Poppins—and find the perfect fit just for you.
The Wellington Agency has offices located across the globe to meet your staffing needs. Call today and let our dedicated associates assist you in finding that perfect person:
Palm Beach / Miami (561) 713-2663
New York / London (917) 546-6809
Los Angeles / Palos Verdes (310) 697-7191
Boston (617) 275-8190