How many times have you said, “There’s just not enough time in the day!” This statement could not be more accurate, especially if you’re trying to kick start a business or other passion. Between needing an average of eights hours of sleep, cooking, cleaning, commute time, work, spending time with family, and children’s activities, there is minimal time left for you to catch your breath. You may be able to maintain a hectic schedule momentarily, but when sleep deprivation and lack of rest wear on you, important details will fall through the cracks. This is where a personal assistant and/or executive assistant could make your schedule much more manageable.
A personal assistant (PA) will typically assist with responsibilities in the home such as:
- Shopping for groceries, household items, and gifts
- Meal preparation and cooking
- Managing the family calendar
- Running personal errands
- Scheduling personal appointments
- Paying bills
- Bringing children and pets to and from appointments
- Home projects and organization
- Planning events and travel
An executive assistant (EA) may be tasked with some of the above responsibilities but are geared more towards high-level executives. Additional tasks could include:
- Helping with daily time management and calendar management
- Scheduling meetings
- Answering phone calls and emails and drafting correspondence
- Organizing events and speaking engagements
- Attending meetings in place of the executive and comprehensive note-taking
- Meeting preparation and compiling reports
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping
To follow through with these responsibilities, personal and executive assistants are required to have certain interpersonal skills such as great communication, time management, flexibility, adaptability, trustworthiness, organization, and dependability. Previous personal and executive assistant experience and proficiency with data processing software and technology are highly encouraged especially with the growing trends of remote work.
When discussing your future requirements with The Wellington Agency, you will have to consider whether you’d like an assistant on-site full time, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Remote work is becoming abundantly common with the progression of technology as it provides increased productivity, flexibility, employee happiness, work quality, and reduces overhead costs. Also, if you have several “must-haves” on your radar, you are more likely to find the perfect candidate without geography restrictions.
Contact The Wellington Agency today to find the perfect personal assistant and/or executive assistant for your needs.