Couple is is seeking a dedicated and professional full-time Housekeeper. Candidates who are interested in this position must have previous experience with an active family. They must pay great attention to detail and have thorough knowledge of household cleaning and maintenance processes, tools and best practices.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized self-starter with in-depth knowledge of household cleaning, and solid experience in the upkeep of fine homes. They must be proactive and forward thinking, taking initiatives. The candidate should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with Client’s Personal Assistants. They must have thick skin, demonstrate common sense and use discretion at all times.
Must have a minimum of 8 years experience working in fine homes, a positive attitude, eager to serve and have excellent time management skills. They should have the ability to take suggestions, accept constructive criticism, and build on feedback.
Housekeeping duties include, but are not limited to:
- Handle thorough daily housekeeping & periodic systematic cleaning
- Dusting of all surfaces, valuable artwork, furniture, window ledges
- Disinfecting and cleaning bathrooms and vanities
- Laundry: Towels, bed linens and basic clothing care, including pressing and steaming
- Assistance with home deliveries
- Food shopping and light cooking
- Packing and unpacking for extensive travel, to a variety of locations
- Household floral maintenance
- Management and ordering of household supplies, providing details for expense reports
- Looking after guests who are staying in the apartment
- A minimum of 4 years of recent, long-term, high-level housekeeping experience
- Excellent references from previous employers
- Able to work legally in the United States
- Capable of performing the physical demands of the job (ability to lift up to 25-30 pounds, climbing stairs, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of care and cleaning techniques for fine art, antique rugs and furniture, crystal, fabric/upholstery and other specialty surfaces